My life is so busy that sometimes it is easier to buy something prepared and ready. But I really want to change that. So one of my goals for this new year is to try to cook – bake more. Of course, this recipe is not going hand in hand with my goal of losing weight LOL… but hey that’s another post! “Struggling to lose weight”.
Anyway…forget about my weight and let’s talk about yummy food!!!
I few days ago we did take advantage of one of those Costco super coupons for Nutella. You know the big jars. With so much Nutella at home I got creative and decided to prepare rice krispies. I had never done them before. This is new to me. I had eaten them but to be honest I didn’t like them so much.
But Oh. My. God. This ones made with nutella are sooo good. It’s, like magic.
Please try them and let me know what you think.
6 cups Rice Krispies
1 (10.5-oz) bag miniature marshmallows
¼ cup unsalted butter
1 cup Nutella
¼ cup chopped almonds
1 cup Nutella
1 1/2 cups chopped chocolate
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup sliced almonds
- Lightly grease a 11×11” or 9×13” baking pan and set aside.
- Measure the cereal into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Melt the marshmallows and butter together in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the Nutella and chopped almonds and stir until smooth.
- Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the cereal stirring well to evenly coat the cereal. Put the mixture into prepared pan and pat to smooth with the back of a spatula.
- In a small saucepan melt the 1 cup of Nutella, butter and chopped chocolate over medium low heat until smooth. Then pour over the cereal mixture. Gently spread the nutella topping evenly across the top of the krispies.
- Finally toss some sliced almonds over top.
- Let cool a tiny bit and then cut into squares and serve.